Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Type: Main Dishes
Here's a low-fat version of chicken nuggets.
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut up chicken pieces and set aside.
- Combine wheat germ, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Place mixture in large plastic bag.
- Combine water and egg white in a bowl. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then drop into plastic bag. Shake until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Place chicken pieces in baking dish sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Serve these with dipping sauces such as barbecue, honey mustard, applesauce or ranch-style salad dressing.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.