Idaho Hot Dog Bake
Type: Main Dishes
The flavor of these cheesy mashed potatoes with franks is as big as the Rockies!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 1/3 cups (3 ounces) instant potato flakes
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces Healthy Choice 97% fat-free frankfurters, diced
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine potato flakes, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, onion flakes, and parsley flakes. Add boiling water. Mix well to combine. Stir in frankfurters and green beans.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 4 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.