Italian Baked Pork Tenders
A pork tenders dish like this one, which needs no watching while it bakes, is every working mom's best friend!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 4 (4-ounce) lean tenderized pork tenderloins or cutlets
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup (one 2.5-ouncejar) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
- Evenly arrange meat in prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup, Italian seasoning, undrained mushrooms, water, onion flakes, and olives.
- Spoon soup mixture evenly over meat.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking for 15 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- When serving, evenly spoon sauce over meat.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.