Italian Braised Steak
This is a great recipe that older kids can make on evenings when they're on their own, and it's easy to double or triple it when you're cooking for a crowd.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 4 (4-ounce) lean tenderized minute or cube steaks
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 1/4 cup Kraft Fat Free Italian Dressing
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, brown meat 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup and Italian dressing. Spoon soup mixture evenly over meat.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- When serving, evenly spoon sauce over meat.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.