Jamaican-style Fish with Sweet Potatoes
Whip up this fish and potatoes dish for a healthy and delicious meal.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 20M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2in (5cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red hot chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 white fish fillets, such as haddock or sustainable cod, each about 7oz (200g)
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- handful of fresh cilantro (coriander), finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Mix the allspice, paprika, ginger, and chiles with the olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and lots of pepper. Coat the fish with most of the spice mixture. Toss the sweet potatoes with the remaining spice mixture and place in a roasting pan. Put in the oven to roast for 15 minutes.
- Add the fish to the pan and roast for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked-the fish will by cooked by then as well. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve warm.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!