Impress your family with this delicious and simple recipe for jambalaya.
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 ounces boneless and skinless chicken tenders
- 7 ounces Healthy Choice polska kielbasa, sliced
- 28-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (bottled is fine)
- 1 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 10-Ounce package frozen sliced okra 6-Ounce can tomato paste, if needed
- Place all ingredients except okra and tomato paste in the Crockpot.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Stir in okra and add tomato paste if needed to thicken.
- Serve with white rice.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.