Kids Business Cavatini
Toddlers especially love curly rotini. If your family isn't fond of olive slices, you can leave them out.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 8 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 1 3/4 cups (one 15-ounce can) Hunt's Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups hot cooked rotini pasta, rinsed and drained
- 4 cup (1 ounce) sliced ripe olives
- 3 cup (1 l/2 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, brown meat.
- Stir in tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Add rotini pasta, olives, and Cheddar cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
- Continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 4 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rotini pasta usually cooks to about 2 cups.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.