If you're looking for something a little different, try lamb koftas on the grill
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4-6
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chile seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 11/2lb (675g) lean ground lamb
- Put the onion, garlic, chile, parsley, cilantro, mint, paprika, and lemon zest in a blender or food processor. Season with sea salt and black pepper, and blend to a paste. Add the ground lamb, and pulse until a coarse paste forms. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and chill for 1 hour or until firm, if time permits.
- Shape the mixture into 12 sausages, and carefully push each long sausage of meat onto a stainless-steel skewer to form the koftas. Return to the refrigerator until firm.
- Meanwhile, heat the barbecue until hot. Put the skewers on the barbecue, and grill over medium heat for 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and cooked through.
- Serve hot with a crispy salad and hummus, if desired.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!