Lamb, Tomato, and Bean Casserole
Lamb, tomato, and beans combine perfectly to make this delicious casserole.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 25M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups hot vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12oz (350g) leftover roast lamb, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 × 14oz (400g) can flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- handful of fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large deep frying pan over low heat. Add the onion, and cook gently for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, and pour in the stock. Season well with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat slightly. Stir in the lamb and beans, and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, adding a little hot water if the casserole appears dry.
- Just before serving, stir in the parsley and thyme, and serve hot with fresh crusty bread or a crisp green salad.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!