Lazy Day Lasagna
This recipe is a way to enjoy lasagna often and without a lot of fuss- and of course, it's healthy and delicious.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 8 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 1 3/4 cups (one 15-ounce can) Hunt's Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 2 cups hot cooked mini lasagna noodles, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices Kraft reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, brown meat. Stir in tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and Sugar Twin. Arrange 1 cup noodles in prepared baking dish.
- Spoon 1 1/4 cups meat sauce and cottage cheese over top. Arrange remaining 1 cup noodles over cottage cheese.
- Evenly place mozzarella cheese slices over noodles and spoon remaining meat sauce over top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Cut into 4 servings.
- 1. 1 3/4 cups uncooked lasagna noodles usually cooks to about 2 cups. 2. Regular noodles may be used in place of lasagna noodles.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.