Linguine with Scallops
Succulent scallops with a hint of chile and lime make this a perfect pasta dish for lunch, dinner, or entertaining
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 10 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1lb ( 450g) dried linguine
- 2 limes
- 1 / 3 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh hot red chile, seeds removed, and finely chopped
- 12 large sea scallops
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Cook the linguine in boiling, salted water according to package directions, or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, grate the zest and squeeze the juice from 1 of the limes. Whisk the lime juice and olive oil together in a small bowl. Stir in the chile, and half of the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the lime mixture with the linguine.
- Heat a large, heavy frying pan, or ridged grill pan over high heat. Brush the scallops with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Add to the pan, and sear the scallops for 3 minutes, turning once.
- Divide the linguine between 4 serving plates and arrange the scallops on top. Cut the remaining lime into wedges. Serve immediately, with lime wedges.
- prep 10 mins; cook 10 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!