Linguini with Hot Pepper and Oil
Type: Main Dishes
Put a twist on your linguini by adding a kick of sautéd hot pepper with onions.
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 lb. linguini
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Boil water for pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over low to medium heat, and sauté onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- When pasta is done, drain.
- Turn up the heat under the skillet, and add the pasta to the oil and onion mixture.
- Serve immediately, topping with Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.