Macaroni and Cheese with Frankfurters
Type: Main Dishes
Homemade macaroni and cheese combined with the tanginess of hot dogs may become your kids' favorite recipe!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 scant cup (3 3/4 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces Healthy Choice 97%fat-free frankfurters, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray in a large skillet. Combine mushroom soup, skim milk, mustard, and parsley flakes. Stir in Cheddar cheese. Cook over medium heat until cheese melts, stirring often.
- Add macaroni and frankfurters. Mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 4 servings.
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked macaroni usually cooks to about 2 cups.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.