Marinated Lamb Chops with Broccoli in Lemon Juice
Lamb chops are a yummy alternative to jazz up dinner.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 30M
Serves: Serves 4
- 4 lean lamb loin chops, excess fat removed
- handful of fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 head broccoli, about 1lb (450g), florets and stems chopped small
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of hot red chile flakes
- mint jelly, to serve
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar, cider vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- splash of soy sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First, prepare the marinade. Mix together the vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce, then pour over the lamb. Let marinate at room temperature for 5 minutes, or up to 2 hours, if time permits.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the lamb chops in a roasting pan, season well with salt and pepper, and add the rosemary sprigs. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- While the lamb is cooking, add the broccoli to a pan of boiling salted water, and cook for about 10 minutes until soft. Drain, keeping the broccoli in the pan, then mash gently with a fork. Now squeeze in the lemon juice and stir in the chile, a pinch of salt, and some black pepper. Serve immediately with the lamb chops and a dollop of mint jelly on the side.
- Cheat...Use a ready-made paste to coat the lamb, such as a pesto or a tapenade.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!