Marinated Sweet and Hot Tuna Steaks
Tuna steaks taste delicious when they are jazzed up with a tasty sweet and hot sauce.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 5M
Serves: Serves 4
- 4 fresh tuna steaks, about 7oz (200g) each
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1in (2.5cm) piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Season with sea salt and black pepper, and mix together well. Put the tuna steaks in a plastic freezer bag, pour in the marinade, and seal, making sure that the tuna is well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes if time permits.
- Heat the barbecue until hot. Grill the tuna steaks over high heat for 2 minutes on each side, turning only once during cooking. Transfer to a plate, and leave to rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!