Here is a healthier meatloaf recipe, an American classic.
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast or 95% lean ground beef
- 1 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey breast or ground beef, bread crumbs, egg substitute, water, 1/4 cup of ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pat the meat mix-ture into an 8 x 4 inch baking pan.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup and sliced peppers.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.