Mom's Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Baked macaroni and cheese is a menu mainstay for families in every state of the Union!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) grated Kraft fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) dried fine bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, combine mushroom soup, skim milk, Parmesan cheese, mustard, onion flakes, and black pepper.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring occasionally. Add macaroni. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle bread crumbs over top. Lightly spray crumbs with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
- 1 2/3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni usually cooks to about 2 1/2 cups.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.