Moroccan-Style Grilled Sea Scallops
The green herb sauce in this dish matches up deliciously with scallops.
Serves: Serves 4
- 2lb (900g) large sea scallops (about 24 scallops)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Build a fire in your grill. When the coals are all ignited, the fire has died down, and the temperature is hot (see Gauging the temperature), you're ready to cook.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and pur閑 until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
- Combine the scallops, olive oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, and salt and pepper in a large bowl; toss gently until the scallops are evenly coated with the other ingredients. Put the scallops on the grill over the coals and cook until just opaque throughout (3-4 minutes per side). To check for doneness, cut into one of the scallops to be sure it is just opaque all the way through.
- To serve, divide the scallops among 4 plates and drizzle with the sauce. Pass the remaining sauce on the side.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!