Type: Main Dishes
This speedy stew simmers in less than an hour, and it tastes so good that everyone will ask for seconds!
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 cup)
- 8 ounces lean beef stew meat, cut into small pieces
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups (10 ounces) diced raw potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, brown meat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato soup, water, and parsley flakes. Add carrots, potatoes, onion, and celery. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 35 to 45 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.