Noodles Romanoff Bake
Noodles Romanoff is a cheesy, creamy baked casserole with a bit of an Eastern European flair, but the ingredients are all-American!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, cottage cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion flakes, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Stir in noodles.
- Evenly spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle Cheddar cheese evenly over top.
- Continue baking, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked noodles usually cooks to about 3 cups.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.