Onion Whole-Wheat Burgers
Add a bit of whole grains and veggies to your traditional hamburger with this quick and easy burger recipe.
Serves: serves 4
- 12 green onions
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- a good pinch grated nutmeg
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread crusts cut off, crumbled
- 1 3/4 cups cold mashed potatoes
- sea salt and black pepper
- sunflower oil
- iceberg lettuce, onions, and tomato, for serving
- Wash and cook the green onions in boiling water until soft. Drain and chop.
- Thoroughly mix the eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper, breadcrumbs, mashed potatoes, and onions and shape into patties.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and fry the patties until golden brown.
- Serve with iceberg lettuce, rings of onion and slices of tomato, and a favorite relish.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!