Orecchiette with Pancetta
A quick and light pasta dish
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 10 mins
Serves: makes 4-6 servings
- 1lb ( 450g) dried orecchiette pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 6oz ( 175g) pancetta, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 / 2 crushed hot red pepper
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 6 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the orecchiette in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water according to the package instructions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook 5 minutes until lightly golden. Add the zucchini, garlic, and hot pepper and cook for 3 minutes, until the zucchini is crisp-tender. Stir in the peas and cook about 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return to its pot. Add the pancetta mixture and stir over low heat until combined. Off the heat, stir in the Parmesan and parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- prep 10 mins; cook 10 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!