Pan-fried Shrimp, Olives, and Tomatoes
This easy dish is chock full of shrimp, olives, and tomatoes.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 12 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, but with tails left intact
- splash of dry sherry
- 6 tomatoes, peeled
- large handful of mixed olives, pitted
- handful of fresh basil leaves and flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, and sauté for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, and cook for a few seconds, then add the shrimp and cook over high heat just until the shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Add the sherry, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until the smell of alcohol disappears, then add the tomatoes and olives. Cook for 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes start to break down. Season well with salt and pepper, and stir in the basil. Serve with fresh crusty bread.
- If you prefer, use a splash of white wine instead of the sherry.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!