Type: Main Dishes
This yummy root vegetable can stand in for potatoes.You can enjoy them baked -- like oven fries.
Serves: Makes about 2 cups
- 8-10 small or baby beets, unpeeled and scrubbed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the parsnips lengthwise in half, then into lengthwise quarters. Remove and discard the fibrous core. Cut the parsnips into 1/2" sticks.
- In a large bowl, toss the parsnip sticks with the oil and salt. Put them onto the baking sheet, spreading in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn the sticks over and bake for another 10 minutes or until crispy on the outside and soft inside.
- Remove the pan to a wire rack and let cool slightly.
Reprinted from The Baby Bistro Cookbook: Healthy, Delicious Cuisine for Babies, Toddlers, and You by Joohee Muromcew. Copyright © 2003 by Joohee Muromcew. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098. Available wherever books are sold or directly from the publisher by calling (800) 848-4735 or visit their website at www.rodalestore.com.