Pasta in Brodo
Pasta in brodo cooks up quick and gets eaten even quicker.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 6 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 2 × 9oz (250g) packages of dried stuffed tortellini (with the filling of your choice)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour the stock into a soup pot or large saucepan, and bring to a vigorous boil. Reduce the heat slightly to a rolling boil, and add the pasta.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or as the package directs, just until tender. Turn off the heat, taste the stock, and season with sea salt and pepper, if needed.
- To serve, ladle the broth into 4 warm bowls, dividing the tortellini evenly among them, and serve with fresh crusty bread.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley if you have some, or a herb of your choice.
- If using fresh pasta in this dish, just follow the cooking guidelines on the package, again cooking in the stock instead of water. You'll find dried filled pasta in large supermarkets, warehouse stores, or Italian delicatessens.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!