Pasta Pesto with Vegetables
Seeking new ways to serve up spaghetti? Look no further than this healthy pasta dish with pesto, zucchini, and other fresh flavors.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 oz (300 g) spaghetti
- 2 oz (60 g) French beans, cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 oz (60 g) new potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 2 oz (60 g) zucchini, cleaned and diced
- 2-3 tbsp pesto sauce
- a few fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a large pot of water. When it boils, add the salt, and plunge in the spaghetti and the vegetables.
- Just before you drain the spaghetti, take a tablespoon of the cooking water and stir it into the pesto.
- By the time the pasta is cooked al dente (just tender), the vegetables should also be just tender. Drain the pasta and vegetables, and quickly transfer them to a hot dish.
- Stir in the pesto and toss. Garnish with the basil leaves and serve. Have a little grated Parmesan cheese ready for those who want it.
- To prepare the sauce, you can use ready-made pesto, available in jars.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!