Pasta Shells with Broccoli
A bit of butter and Parmesan cheese make the healthy broccoli go down easy in this pasta dish.
Serves: serves 4
- 3/4 lb (375 g) fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- generous pinch of chili powder, or a deseeded, chopped, small chili pepper, according to preference
- black pepper, freshly milled
- 12 oz (375 g) pasta shells or other pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Put plenty of water on to boil for the pasta.
- Wash the broccoli and break into small florets. Cook in boiling water until tender, 5-6 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, and add the anchovy paste and the chili pepper or chili powder.
- Add the broccoli, sprinkle with black pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes. Keep the sauce warm while you cook the pasta.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it, return it to the saucepan, add the butter and cheese, and toss.
- Put into a warmed dish, add the sauce, and fold in quickly.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!