Pasta with Crab and Lemon
Crab and lemon make this easy pasta recipe taste, and look, elegant.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into quarters, then finely sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 7oz (200g) fresh or canned crabmeat, picked over to remove any shell
- 12oz (350g) linguine or spaghetti
- chili oil, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and a pinch of salt, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, until soft. Stir in the garlic and lemon zest and cook for a few seconds more.
- Stir in the parsley and crabmeat, then season well with salt and lots of pepper. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions, until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain, reserving a small amount of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot and toss together with the reserved cooking water. Add the crab sauce, toss again, drizzle with chili oil, and serve.
- Add 1 teaspoon of capers or 1 small chopped green pepper to the crabmeat.
- Fresh crabmeat has a taste far superior to canned. If you are using canned crabmeat, make sure to drain it well.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!