Pasta with Flageolet Beans, Parsley, and Lemon
Pasta tastes great with flageolet beans, parsley, and lemon.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- one 14oz (400g) can flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
- handful of coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp good-quality balsamic vinegar
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus the juice of 1/2 lemon
- 12oz (350g) dried orecchiette or other small pasta shells
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the onion, beans, parsley, garlic, vinegar, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large bowl, and stir gently to mix. Season well with salt and pepper. Leave to sit while you cook the pasta-the flavors will develop.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as the package directs, until it is tender yet still firm to the bite. Drain, reserving a small amount of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot and toss with the reserved cooking water. Add the sauce, toss again, and serve.
- Add a few chopped anchovies, some torn mozzarella, or a handful of wild arugula (rocket) leaves to the sauce.
- The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Before using, return to room temperature and stir in a little olive oil.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!