Pasta with No-cook Tomato Sauce
This pasta dish is loaded with yummy vegetables and seasonings.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 6 ripe tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12oz (350g) dried farfalle
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the tomatoes, garlic, basil, and olive oil in a large bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then leave to sit while you cook the pasta-the flavors will develop.
- Cook the pasta as the package directs, until it is tender yet still firm to the bite. Drain well, then toss with the tomato sauce and serve.
- A pinch of crushed hot red pepper flakes also works well in this dish. The longer you leave the tomato mixture to sit, the tastier it gets.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!