Pasta with Pesto and Pine Nuts
This simple recipe uses pesto and pine nuts to make a delicious pasta recipe.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- handful of fresh basil, leaves only
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, plus 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12oz (350g) dried spaghetti
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the basil, garlic, Parmesan, and the 2 tbsp untoasted pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse until blended. Scrape the mixture from the sides of the bowl, cover, and, with the machine running, pour in the olive oil until a coarse paste forms. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as the package directs. Drain, reserving a small amount of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot and toss with the reserved cooking water. Add the pesto, toss again, then top with the toasted pine nuts, and serve.
- Use small pasta shells (conchiglie) instead of spaghetti.
- Double the pesto recipe, spoon half of it into a jar, and top with a thin layer of olive oil-it will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!