Pasta with Rappini (Broccoli Rabe)
Type: Main Dishes
This sauceless pasta offers the fresh flavors of Pecorino Romano, tamari, and broccoli rabe.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 package pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Garlic-Shallot Mixture
- 1 bunch rappini (broccoli rabe), washed and trimmed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly shaved Pecorino Romano
- Prepare to cook the pasta by bringing a pot to boil with plenty of water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the Garlic-Shallot Mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cut the tip off the stems of the broccoli rabe and discard. Cut the remaining greens into thirds. Put in the skillet and cook a few minutes, turn once, add 2 tablespoons water, cover, and cook another few minutes.
- "Throw" the pasta in boiling water and stir well, return to a boil, and stir again. The pasta will cook in about 5 to 7 minutes.
- At this point, check the broccoli rabe. If it is tender, remove from the skillet and dress with 2 tablespoons tamari and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and toss with a tablespoon of oil and salt to taste.
- Serve pasta topped with the rabe and freshly shaved Pecorino Romano cheese.
From Eat Right for Your Baby by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney. Copyright © 2004.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.