Pasta with Spinach and Ricotta
Spinach and ricotta make this pasta dish spectacular.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 9oz (250g) bag fresh spinach, rinsed
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12oz (350g) dried farfalle
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic, and cook gently over a low heat for a few seconds. Add the wine, increase the heat, and allow to bubble for a few minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, until wilted. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook for a few seconds.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions, until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain, reserving a small amount of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot and toss together with the reserved cooking water.
- Stir three-quarters of the ricotta into the spinach mixture, taste, and season, if needed. Add to the pasta and toss again. Serve topped with some of the remaining ricotta crumbled over and a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Shop around for good ricotta cheese-the fresher the better for this dish.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!