Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
Pesto sauce is easy to make and goes great with sun-dried tomatoes.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1/2 of a 10oz (300g) jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- handful of pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- handful of fresh basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or as needed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 12oz (350g) dried fusilli
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic, basil, and 1/2 cup Parmesan in a food processor. Pulse until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and add more Parmesan and a splash of oil, as needed.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as the package directs, until it is tender yet still firm to the bite. Drain, reserving a small amount of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot and toss together with the reserved cooking water. Add the pesto and toss again. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, garnish with basil leaves, and serve.
- Use a handful of blanched almonds instead of the pine nuts.
- Cheat...For a quick sauce, combine the sun-dried tomatoes with 2 tbsp of prepared pesto.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!