Pasta with Tomato Sauce
Type: Main Dishes
Pasta with tomato sauce is a classic favorite in every household, and this recipe is no exception.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 25M
Serves: Serves 4
- one 28oz (800g) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 tbsp tomato pur閑
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12oz (350g) dried penne
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the tomatoes, tomato pur閑, and olive oil in a saucepan, season well with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as the package directs, until it is tender yet still firm to the bite. Drain, reserving a small amount of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot and toss together with the reserved cooking water. Add the tomato sauce and toss again. Sprinkle with Parmesan, season with more black pepper, and serve.
- the sauce can be frozen
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!