Penne with Asparagus and Ham
Type: Main Dishes
The addition of fresh asparagus and ham makes this penne dish even more delicious.
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 TB. chopped garlic
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, stem ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp dried sage
- 8 oz. ham, finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Boil water for pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over low to medium heat, and sauté garlic for three minutes.
- Add asparagus, oregano, and sage. Cook, stirring, for seven to nine minutes, or until asparagus reaches the desired level of softness (the more you cook it, the softer it will get).
- Stir in ham.
- When pasta is done, drain it, and put into a serving bowl.
- Pour asparagus mixture onto penne and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately, topping with Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.