Pizza Bianca with Four Cheeses
Four cheese pizza is always an instant hit.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Makes 1
- 1 ball pizza dough
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- semolina flour or cornmeal
- 1 ball (21/2oz/75g) fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces, or more to taste
- handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyï¿½re, or more to taste
- pinch of oregano
- Preheat the oven to 475ï¿½F (245ï¿½C). Put a heavy baking sheet in the oven to get hot. (They both need to be really hot before cooking the pizza.)
- Place the dough on a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it out as thin as you can-about 10-12in (25-30cm) in diameter. Brush the hot baking sheet with oil, sprinkle with semolina, and carefully place the dough on top.
- Cover each quarter segment of the pizza with a different cheese. Sprinkle with the oregano, then bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is crispy and the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Sprinkle the pizza with pine nuts and raisins just before you pop it in the oven.
- If you are making more than one pizza, cook one at a time so the oven isn't overcrowded and remains as hot as it can be.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!