Pizza Bianca with Rosemary and Garlic
Rosemary and garlic make the perfect toppings for this easy pizza recipe.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Makes 1
- 1 ball pizza dough
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- semolina flour or cornmeal
- handful of fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 475ï¿½F (245ï¿½C). Put a heavy baking sheet in the oven to get hot. (They both need to be really hot before cooking the pizza.)
- Place the dough on a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it out as thin as you can-about 10-12in (25-30cm) in diameter. Brush the hot baking sheet with oil, sprinkle with semolina, and carefully place the dough on top.
- Prick the dough all over with a fork, then scatter the rosemary, garlic, and plenty of salt over the top and pat flat. Drizzle with olive oil, then bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella torn into pieces, or with crumbled blue cheese.
- If you make pizza often, invest in a pizza stone-then your crust will always be wonderfully crispy.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!