An eye-catching pizza with spinach and a whole egg
Prep Time: 15M, plus cooling
Cooking Time: 20M
Serves: makes 4 small pizzas
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 1 1/3 cups store-bought tomato pizza or pasta sauce
- 8oz ( 225g) spinach, cooked, drained well, and chopped
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 6oz ( 175g) mozzarella, sliced
- 4 small eggs
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly oil 2 large baking sheets. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each on a lightly floured work surface into an 8in (20cm) round. Arrange 2 rounds on each sheet. Spread each with 1/3 cup tomato sauce, leaving a 1in (2.5cm) border.
- Top each pizza with spinach, then sprinkle with the thyme and nutmeg. Divide the mozzarella overtop. Crack an egg in the center of each, and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges of the dough are crisp and golden brown.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!