Pizza Four Seasons
On these pizzas, the toppings are arranged separately to represent the four seasons
Prep Time: 15M, plus rising
Cooking Time: 20M
Serves: makes 4 small pizzas
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 1 1/3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 6oz ( 175g) mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4oz ( 115g) white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 16 anchovy fillets in oil
- 4oz ( 115g) pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 8 marinated artichokes hearts, drained and halved
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly oil 2 large baking sheets. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each on a very lightly floured work surface into an 8in (20cm) round. Arrange 2 rounds on each sheet. Spread each with 1/3 cup tomato sauce, leaving a 1in (2.5cm) border. Divide the mozzarella evenly over the pizza tops.
- For each pizza, arrange the mushroom slices on one quarter of the pizza round. Arrange the red peppers and 4 anchovy fillets on another quarter of the round. Cover a third quarter with the pepperoni and capers, and finally top the fourth quarter with 4 artichoke pieces and 3 olives. Drizzle the oil evenly over the pizza.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges of the dough are crisp and golden brown. Serve hot.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!