Pizza Popover Pie
Type: Main Dishes
When this dish emerges from the oven golden-brown and fragrant with cheese, meat, and spices, it'll perk up the fussiest appetite.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 8 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups (one 15-ounce can) Hunt's Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pizza seasoning
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten, or equivalent in egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons Kraft Fat Free Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) grated Kraft fat-free Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a deep-dish 10-inch pie plate with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, brown meat, green pepper, and onion. Stir in tomato sauce and pizza seasoning. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese evenly over top.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, dry milk powder, water, eggs, and Italian dressing. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon batter evenly over meat mixture. Evenly sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and top is set. Place pie plate on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Cut into 6 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.