Pizza with Spinach and Ricotta Cheese
Spinach and ricotta make this pizza recipe delicious.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Makes 1
- 1 ball pizza dough
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- semolina flour or cornmeal
- 2-3 tbsp tomato purï¿½e or passata
- 8oz (225g) spinach, wilted and well drained
- 2-3 tbsp ricotta cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 475ï¿½F (245ï¿½C). Put a heavy baking tray in the oven to get hot. (They both need to be really hot before cooking the pizza.)
- Place the dough on a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it out as thin as you can-about 10-12in (25-30cm) in diameter. Brush the hot baking tray with oil, sprinkle with semolina, and place the dough on top.
- Add the tomato sauce over the pizza and smooth it out evenly with the back of a spoon, then spread the spinach on top. Dot with small spoonfuls of ricotta, season with salt and pepper, then bake for 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden and crispy.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!