Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Stuffing
This filling is both savory and sweet and the pecans add a delightful crunchy texture
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 12M-16M
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1 sweet apple such as Golden Delicious, peeled and finely diced
- 3oz ( 85g) Roquefort or Stilton, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 center-cut pork loin chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the stuffing ingredients and set aside.
- Trim the excess fat from the pork chops. With a small sharp knife, make a horizontal slit through the fat side of each chop, cutting through the meat almost to the bone to make a pocket.
- Divide the stuffing evenly among the chops, tucking it firmly into the pockets. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the pork chops on a baking sheet, brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Broil for 6-8 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, or until golden brown and the juices run clear. Remove the toothpicks and serve.
- wooden toothpicks
- Good with trimmed green beans and new potatoes.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!