Pork Kebabs with Chile-mango Salad
Chile-mango salsa gives this dish a deliciously tropical taste.
Prep Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 pork tenderloins, 9oz (250g) each
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 small fresh hot red chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the chile-mango salad
- 2 large mangoes (see Cook's Notes)
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 small fresh hot red chile, finely sliced
- Soak 12 wooden or bamboo skewers in cold water for 1 hour. Using a sharp knife, trim any excess fat from the pork. Cut each tenderloin in half lengthwise, then cut each half across the grain into bite-size pieces.
- To make the marinade, mix together the garlic, chiles, ginger, and olive oil in a shallow dish. Add the pork, and turn to coat in the marinade. Season with sea salt and black pepper, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat the barbecue or charcoal grill until hot. Thread the pieces of pork evenly onto the soaked skewers, and brush the grill with a little oil. Grill the pork kebabs over low heat for about 10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking, brushing lightly with a little of the marinade while they are cooking. Transfer the kebabs to a plate, cover with foil, and leave to rest in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- To make the chile-mango salad, peel the mangoes and cut in half (as close as possible to the pit as you can). Cut each half lengthwise into thin slices. Put the mango slices in a bowl, add the lime zest and juice and the chile, and season with black pepper. Stir gently to mix. Arrange 3 kebabs in the center of each of 4 serving plates, on top of the chile mango salad, or with the salad spooned beside them.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!