Potato and Asparagus Frittata
This frittata combines potatoes and asparagus in a delicious and healthy dish!
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cooked potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 16-ounce package frozen asparagus spears
- 16-ounce carton egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 pound good quality French bread
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a large nonstick, ovenproof skillet, heat the potatoes in the oil over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Defrost the asparagus in the microwave and add to the skillet.
- Reduce to low heat, and add the egg substitute to the pan.
- Sprinkle the seasonings and Parmesan cheese over the eggs.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until the underside is golden brown.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until the top of the frittata is puffy and golden brown.
- Serve with chopped tomatoes and a slice of French bread.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.