Leftover mashed potatoes are perfect for making potato cakes.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 25M
Serves: Serves 4
- about 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated
- handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more as needed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the mashed potatoes with the onion, chives, feta cheese, and egg. Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Heat about 1 tbsp olive oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Using floured hands, scoop up large balls of the mixture, roll, and flatten slightly. Carefully add to the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden, adding more oil to the pan as needed. Serve hot with a green salad.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!