Type: Main Dishes
Tasty, healthy pizza you can prepare at home in minutes. Add some mushrooms or pepper slices on top for a little extra color and flavor.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 (7.5-ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) grated Kraft fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 scant cup (3 3/4 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a 12-inch pizza pan with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
- Flatten biscuits and pat into prepared pan being sure to press together to cover pizza pan and forming a ridge around the outside.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion flakes, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and tomato sauce.
- Spread sauce mixture evenly over biscuit crust. Evenly sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack and let set for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut into 6 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.