Quesadilla with Chicken and Sweet Onion
Chicken, sweet onion, and cheese go great in this quesadilla recipe.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Makes 1
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- pinch of rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wheat or corn tortillas
- 41/2oz (125g) ready-cooked chicken, sliced
- 13/4oz (50g) Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions, rosemary, and a pinch of sea salt, and cook for 10 minutes, or until the onions begin to soften.
- Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick frying pan and fry one tortilla for 1 minute, or until golden. Spoon the onion mixture onto the tortilla, leaving a little room around the edge. Top with the chicken and cheese and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Top with the other tortilla, pressing it down with the back of a spatula to sandwich the two together. Scoop the quesadilla up, carefully turn it over, and cook the other side for another minute, or until it is golden. Slice in halves or quarters, and serve.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!