Quesadilla with Feta Cheese, Green Olives, and Peppers
Feta cheese, green olives, and peppers go great together in this quesadilla recipe.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Makes 1
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wheat or corn tortillas
- handful of pitted green olives, sliced
- 41/2oz (125g) feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan, add the peppers, and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, or until soft. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick frying pan, then fry one tortilla for 1 minute. Scatter the peppers, olive and feta onto it, leaving a little room around the edge.
- Top with the other tortilla, pressing it down with the back of a spatula to sandwich the two together. Scoop the quesadilla up, carefully turn it over, and cook the other side for another minute, or until golden. Slice in halves or quarters, and serve.
- Use mozzarella instead of feta.
- Cheat...Save on chopping and use 1 tablespoon of ready-roasted peppers from a jar.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!