Quesadilla with Ham, Gherkin, and Smoked Cheese
This quesadilla recipe is like a cheesy ham sandwich, only better.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 5M
Serves: Makes 1
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 wheat or corn tortillas
- 21/2oz (75g) smoked cheese or sharp mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 41/2oz (125g) cooked ham, sliced
- 2 gherkins, sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan, then fry one tortilla for 1 minute, or until golden.
- Sprinkle with the cheese, leaving a little room around the edge. Top with the ham and gherkins, then season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Top with the other tortilla, pressing it down with the back of a spatula to sandwich the two together. Carefully turn it over, and cook the other side for another minute, until golden and the cheese melted. Slice in halves or quarters, and serve.
- Use baby gherkins instead of big ones-they are much sweeter.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!